THINGS TO DO IN GULF SHORES/ORANGE BEACH, ALABAMA
Staying Safe In The Age of Pandemic
What’s happening in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach? This brief article is about “social distance-friendly” ways visitors can experience our little slice of paradise at Gulf Shores & Orange Beach, Alabama.
- Take a Tiki Cruise with Cruisin’ Tikis. They offer private charters for up to six guests.
- For an active experience on the water, guests can book a charter fishing trip. Many of the inshore boats are “six-packs,” which means they can accommodate a maximum of six people.
- Kayaking is another active adventure that offers up-close views of coastal wildlife. With a total of 21 launch sites and four unique trails, the Coastal Alabama Back Bay Blueway takes visitors on a full tour through Coastal Alabama’s unique waterways and ecosystems.
- Get out there with a snorkel and see what’s underwater! Last month, the Alabama Marine Resources Division announced a habitat enhancement project to increase the number of snorkeling reefs in the region, which are located at three Gulf State Park beach access sites.
- Janel of Sand Castle University specializes in teaching tips and tricks to building the best sand castles.
- Explore the 6,150 acres of Gulf State Park. The park offers two miles of beaches, the largest fishing pier in the Gulf, 28+ miles of paves trails and much more.
- This spring, the area debuted five unique motorcycle runs. Riders can spend anywhere from a few hours to an entire day motorcycling on the Gulf Coast.
- A member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, the Eagle Cottages at Gulf State Park have three bedrooms, three bathrooms, fully-furnished kitchens and plenty of indoor and outdoor living space.
- Gulf Shores Travel Trailer Rentals provides a camping experience for those without an RV. Reserve a spot at one of the area’s many RV parks or campgrounds, and they’ll deliver the RV stocked with linens, towels and cookware.
More Ways to Enjoy Alabama’s Beaches While Social Distancing
Open-air and waterfront dining options are ideal for eating out while also staying safe. Fun Fact: Orange Beach was just ranked #8 in USA Today’s 10 Best’s Readers’ Choice Awards for Small-Town Food Scene while Gulf Shores ranked #9 for Best Coastal Small Town.
The Beach Moms bring a local’s touch to planning – and executing – your vacation by offering such services as grocery shopping, planning outings during your trip, making dining reservations and more.
Not yet ready to travel? Check out these virtual visits below:
# # #